Lau Lund OlsenIP Consultant
Lau has worked for more than 21 years as a patent attorney in private practice advising Danish and international clients in all aspects of patent protection with a clear focus on the business strategy of the clients. He has worked for many clients ranging from smaller businesses and start-ups to some of the largest companies in the world.
Lau has extensive experience in the following fields:
- Advising clients on development and implementation of patent strategies adapted to the business strategy of the companies.
- Patentability assessments and drafting of patent applications, utility models and design applications in close cooperation with the clients.
- Strategic prosecution of patent applications vis-à-vis the authorities until grant of patent.
- Oppositions and appeals against patents, including preparation of and participation in oral proceedings at the European Patent Office (EPO).
- Handling of infringement cases including technical and strategic consultancy in this connection.
- Safeguarding the clients’ Freedom to Operate through FTO analyses and infringement assessments.
Lau advises clients in a variety of technical fields like mechanical engineering, engineering design and product development, medical technology, combined heat and power (CHP), metal casting and foundry technique, offshore technology, oil production technology, diesel engines, wind turbine technology, wave power, production equipment, process equipment, pumps, valves, ventilation technology, heat exchangers, control engineering and robotics.
Furthermore, Lau is listed as a qualified court appointed expert at the Association of Danish Intellectual Property Attorneys (ADIPA).
Lau joined Guardian IP Consulting in 2017 and has previous experience as patent attorney and partner in some of the largest private practice patent attorney firms in Denmark.
Please contact Lau by phone: +45 77 34 44 69 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IP Consultant
- European Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- M. Sc. (Mechanical Engineering)
- Diploma in “Patent Litigation in Europe”, University of Strasbourg